Transforming the top education, media, and corporate events and conferences in India into environmentally friendly and sustainable gatherings can have a significant positive impact on the environment. One effective strategy to achieve this goal is by adopting digital awards and certificates.
To make the biggest education, media, and corporate events and conferences in India more environmentally friendly, the transition to digital awards and certificates is crucial. Embracing digital alternatives can not only reduce the events’ ecological footprint but also streamline processes, enhance accessibility, and set an example for others to follow.
In line to the Digital India Initiative and building synergy with the PM Modi’s Go Green Mission, corporates and organisations can further add this step as part of their corporate social responsibility.
Physical certification & physical trophies and momentos in award ceremonies & events have disadvantages that need to be considered: the negative environmental impact, as it contributes to paper waste and resource consumption, extra costs for design, printing, shipping, and storage, challenges in logistics and storage of physical certificates, risk of damage or loss during transportation, inconvenience in carrying or shipping physical certificates, and there are problems with sharing, accessing, and updating physical certificates. Similarly, economical and logistical challenges come up when physical trophies and momentos are awarded.
On the contrary, digital certificates and digital awards & momentos provide an environment-friendly method to commemorate the achievers and participants and enjoy several advantages over traditional physical certificates, some of which are listed below:
- Environmental Sustainability: Digital certificates significantly minimize the carbon footprint associated with printing and transportation.
- Cost-effectiveness: Digital certificates eliminate the expenses related to designing, printing, shipping, and storing physical certificates.
- Instant Access and Distribution: With just a few clicks, recipients can receive their certificates via email or download them from an online platform, thus eliminating the need for physical delivery and reducing carbon footprints.
- Convenient Storage and Accessibility: Recipients can access and manage their certificates digitally, ensuring they are always available and easily retrievable.
- Enhanced Security and Authentication: Security measures, such as encryption and digital signatures, ensure the authenticity and integrity of digital certificates, thus preventing forgery or tampering.
- Efficient Verification: Recipients can easily share their digital certificates electronically, and stakeholders can verify their authenticity online through unique identification codes or digital verification systems.
- Easily Shareable: Digital certificates, digital trophies and awards are one-click shareable on social media using a digital certificate generator or a digital badging platform.
- Increase Visibility & Footfall of the Events: The digital certificates and awards issued through ItsCredible – a digital credentialing platform, allows the digital certificates, badges and awards to include all the relevant information, images and links about the event organisers, sponsors and partners. Upon clicking them, they have the capability to bring traffic back to the issuing body’s landing page resulting in increased registrations.
Due to the large number of advantages digital credentials hold in terms of their efficiency, both government and non-governmental organizations are transiting towards e-certificates.
In the recent S. Chand Publishing’s Award ceremony held to commemorate the winners, all certificates and badges were issued digitally to all recipients. Also, in the EW India Higher Education Ranking Award 2923-24, certificates to schools all over the country were issued digitally due to the ease of sharing with the method. Similarly, ScooNews and Business World also gives digital awards and cerificates in the events and conferences.
As India embraces the digital era, the transition to digital certificates in award ceremonies for corporate, educational, and media events is gaining momentum.